Have you heard about newborn stem cell preservation – also referred to as cord blood and cord tissue collection?
Well, it turns out there is an awful lot of important details that get lost in the excitement when expecting parents learn about the awesome healing potential of their baby’s newborn stem cells.
Here are seven important things you might have missed:
1) Proven healing power. For over 30 years, cord blood stem cells have been used to help treat more than 80 conditions, including certain cancers and metabolic, immune, and blood disorders.
That’s just for starters. Hundreds of clinical trials have been initiated using stem cells from both cord blood and cord tissue as potential treatments for conditions like cerebral palsy, heart defects, and Alzheimer’s disease. New advances are being made all the time.
2) Potential use by family members? You bet. Preserving your baby’s newborn stem cells ensures your child has the 100% matching stem cells that may open the door to many potentially life-saving treatments.
But preservation may potentially benefit other family members. Full siblings have a 75% chance of being at least a partial match to your baby’s stem cells and you, a biological parent, will be a partial match.
3) Totally cool with delayed cord clamping. Planning on delaying cord clamping? No problem. Cord blood can often still be collected following delayed cord clamping, and there is no impact to cord tissue. Just get advice from your OB/GYN or midwife beforehand.
4) No do-overs. You only get one chance to collect newborn stem cells, and that is at birth. It is a simple process that takes only a few minutes for your OB/GYN or midwife to do after your baby is born and the umbilical cord is cut.
5) It’s totally painless. Newborn stem cell collection is non-invasive. Neither you nor your little one will feel a thing – GUARANTEED!
6) There’s only one #1. CBR® is the #1 choice of expecting parents and it’s the most OB/GYN-recommended newborn stem cell company in the U.S.
We are the world’s largest provider of newborn stem cell preservation services. More than one million parents have entrusted us to protect their baby’s precious stem cells since we started back in 1992.
7) Makes a great registry gift. Newborn stem cell preservation may be the most important baby shower gift your family will ever receive.
Invite your friends and family to contribute toward something with life-changing possibilities at the CBR gift registry. You can create or access your own account or find a loved one’s gift registry here.
The best time to save on CBR is right now. Enroll today at https://www.cordblood.com/enroll/ using promo code BMPD and get 50% off your cord blood and cord tissue preservation kit, which also includes your first year of storage.
The use of cord blood is determined by the treating physician and is influenced by many factors, including the patient’s medical condition, the characteristics of the sample, and whether the cord blood should come from the patient or an appropriately matched donor. Cord blood has established uses in transplant medicine; however, its use in regenerative medicine is still being researched. There is no guarantee that potential medical applications being studied in the laboratory or clinical trials will become available.
Cord tissue use is still in early research stages, and there is no guarantee that treatments using cord tissue will be available in the future. Cord tissue is stored whole. Additional processing prior to use will be required to extract and prepare any of the multiple cell types from cryopreserved cord tissue. Cbr Systems, Inc.’s activities for New York State residents are limited to collection of umbilical cord tissue and long-term storage of umbilical cord–derived stem cells. Cbr Systems, Inc.’s possession of a New York State license for such collection and long-term storage does not indicate approval or endorsement of possible future uses or future suitability of these cells.
This article is sponsored by: Cord Blood Registry #ad
Leave a Reply